There is no doubt that analog watches can pull a man’s outfit together, but in most cases, the best digital watches for men are the ones that are most practical.
They’re much easier to read and have plenty of great features to make your life easier.
Most digital watches can be used as a stopwatch, countdown timer, alarm, calendar and even a light in a pinch.
They also tend to be waterproof and more durable than analog watches so you can wear them wherever you go!
If you’re a man in the market for a new digital watch, take a look at ten of our favorites to help inspire you!
See Our Best Digital Men’s Watches
1. Timex Ironman Classic 30 Digital Watch for Men
- Water resistant up to 100 metres.
- 100-hour chronograph with 30-lap memory.
- Light-up watch dial.
- 24-hour countdown timer.
Athletic men will love this Ironman watch as it is perfect for any sport.
If you are a runner or swimmer, the built-in stopwatch has 30-lap memory to help you keep track of your times.
The countdown timer is perfect for workouts like HIIT to know when your set is up and the watch is water resistant up to 100 metres, so taking it in the pool, the rain or even sweating on it won’t be a problem.
It’s not only a great watch for sports but perfect for everyday use as well.
The fabric watch strap is comfortable and attached by Velcro, so you will get a snug fit.
Choose from standard or military time depending on your preference, and you will always be able to see the date and month on the screen.
- The alarms are customizable.
- Watch strap is adjustable up to 8-inches.
- Can be set to military time or standard time.
- Perfect for daily use, even in the rain as it is water resistant.
- Changing the battery yourself can be tough.
- Watch screen can be hard to see in daylight.
2. Casio G-Shock MTGM900DA-8CR Digital Men's Watch
- Water-resistant up to 200 metres.
- Has shock resistance.
- There are 48 cities in world time mode.
- EL backlight with afterglow.
This stainless-steel Quartz watch is the perfect everyday watch for men.
It is shock-resistant, so you don’t need to worry about dropping it or hitting it on anything and damaging it.
It is also solar-powered, so no need to constantly be changing or charging the battery.
A couple of hours out during the day will do the trick!
It’s great at night, as well as it has an EL backlight to light up the watch face in any situation.
If you struggle to wake up, this watch can help with four daily alarms and even a snooze alarm with a full auto-calendar so you’ll never miss a day.
Both the case and strap of this watch are stainless steel, meaning it’s durable and looks great.
The design is super functional with button operations, so you won’t need to waste time turning any dials.
- The battery is solar-powered, so you won’t have to worry about changing it.
- You can set 4 daily alarms and a snooze alarm.
- Choose between military time or standard time.
- There is also a countdown timer.
- Not all cities are available in world time mode.
- The stainless steel band can be big, so you will have to take links out yourself or take it to a jeweler.
3. Beeasy Waterproof Digital Watch for Men
- Water-resistant up to 50 metres.
- It comes with an automatic calendar.
- 1/100 stopwatch and countdown timer.
- It is backlit, so you can always see the screen.
Beeasy’s Quartz watch is a great ultra-thin option for both men and women. It even comes in six different colors to appeal to a large audience.
Although it is an ultra-thin watch, it’s great for sports as well as everyday wear.
As it is water-resistant up to 50-metres, no need to worry about sweat, rain, or even the pool!
You can even use the watch as a stopwatch or a countdown timer to record your laps or sets when working out.
This is also a great watch for people who travel a lot or work in different time zones, as the dual time zone settings allow you to easily check the time in two locations.
Throw away your alarm clocks as this watch has it all.
You can set daily alarms and hourly reminders to ensure you’re up on time and always know when something important is going on.
You can snooze your alarms to get a couple of extra minutes of sleep in.
The sleek monochromatic design makes this not only a practical watch but a stylish one as well.
- Ultra-thin design as the case is only 6.6mm thick.
- Comes with a 24-month guarantee.
- Choose between hourly alarms and daily alarms with snooze mode.
- You can set up dual time zones to keep track of friends, family, or work abroad.
- Only water resistant in cold water. Hot water and steam could damage.
- Adjusting the day of the week can be complicated.
4. SNE Water Resistant Digital Men's Watch
- Display shows the time (military or standard), date, and alarms.
- Water-resistant up to 50 metres.
- Ventilation holes in the strap.
- EL backlight.
This sleek black quartz watch is one of our favorite affordable options.
As the case is resin and the strap is plastic, this watch is super lightweight and comfortable.
It is water-resistant up to 50 metres, but we don’t recommend wearing it while swimming or in hot water.
The water resistance is perfect for working out as sweat won’t disturb this watch.
The display is a great size and features the time in either standard or military format, the date, and the alarms you have set up.
You can also use the stopwatch feature when you need to time yourself.
As this watch is all-black and so lightweight, it’s perfect for everyday use.
It will go with every outfit, so no worries about mismatching!
- Super lightweight and comfortable for everyday wear.
- Band is smooth and flexible as well as ventilated.
- The stainless steel clasp is easy to open and close.
- Display is easy to read in any type of light.
- Cannot be worn while swimming or in a hot shower.
- The battery is a Japanese lithium battery, so it can be hard to find one to replace it.
5. Timex Expedition Digital Watch for Men
- Shock resistant.
- Water-resistant up to 100 metres.
- Features a stopwatch, countdown timer, and alarm.
- Light-up watch dial.
Timex’s Expedition watch is the perfect timepiece for adventurous men.
It is shock-resistant, so you don’t need to worry about being too rough when you’re wearing it. Even the glass is scratch-resistant!
The rubber strap complements the black bezel perfectly and will be a comfortable fit for any man whose wrist size is less than 8-inches.
It comes in three different colors, black, blue, and green, to suit your taste.
The Indiglo backlight makes seeing the display at any time of day super easy. You can see it underwater as this watch is water-resistant up to 100 meters.
Wear it to go swimming, but it’s not recommended for diving.
Its durability, coupled with the countdown timer and stopwatch, makes this the ideal watch for working out.
- Perfect for working out as the chronograph function can help you track your times.
- You’ll be able to see the display at any time, thanks to the Indiglo backlight.
- Great for outdoorsmen as this is a sturdy shock-resistant watch.
- The battery should last ten years.
- A Timex retailer or jeweler may have to replace the battery for you.
- Fine to wear swimming but not diving.
6. Casio Classic EAW-A-178WA-1 Digital Men's Watch
- Stainless steel strap with a triple-row link.
- Square digital display lights up.
- Display shows time and date, and you can add alarms.
If you’ve been on the hunt for a retro-style watch with modern amenities, look no further! This stainless steel Casio is stylish and functional.
It features a square face reminiscent of older watches, but it’s got a great light-up digital display that makes it perfect for current everyday use.
Although it is more of a fashionable watch, it is still great for working out as well.
It is water-resistant to protect it from sweat and features a stopwatch function to help track your personal records.
The stainless steel band really elevates this watch’s look as it is a stunning triple-row link bracelet.
It’s so affordable that it would be a crime not to add this watch to your collection!
- Affordable price for a retro-style timepiece.
- Stopwatch function for tracking time.
- Sturdy stainless steel band that holds up better than resin.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Conflicting information about how water resistant it is, so it’s better not to submerge this watch.
- Smaller than most watches some men might be used to.
7. Timex Ironman 100 Digital Watch for Men
- Fast 5-button access to pertinent features.
- 100-lap stopwatch memory.
- Interval/ countdown timers
- Water-resistant up to 100 metres.
This heavy-duty watch was made to last as it is designed for triathlon participants.
To help you train for your triathlon, take advantage of the watch’s 100-hour chronograph with 100-lap memory.
It also features a 24-hour countdown timer and an interval training timer.
As if that wasn’t enough, this watch also features five customizable alarms, can display two time zones, and you will always be able to see the date.
Perfect for daytime or nighttime use as it features an Indiglo light-up display, and it is super comfortable.
You can even wear it in the water as it is water-resistant up to 100 metres. Just don’t try to go diving with it on!
Timex’s Ironman Classic 100 Watch comes in a subtle green and black color or yellow and black, depending on your preference.
- Features an Indiglo backlight to ensure you can see the display at any time.
- Perfect for working out with its stopwatch and countdown features.
- The resin strap is adjustable up to 8-inches.
- Comes with 5 customizable alarms.
- Water-resistant enough for swimming and snorkeling but not diving.
- Indiglo backlight might give out sooner than the rest of the watch.
8. Casio GD100-1BCR G-Shock Digital Men's Watch
- Shock resistant.
- LED backlight.
- Multi-time for up to 4 different cities.
- Water-resistant up to 200 metres.
If you loved Casi’s original G-Shock watch, you will love this version! It is packed with features, notably the countdown timer and stopwatch timers that can be used for any kind of timekeeping.
The all-black watch is a perfect addition to any outfit, and its comfortable strap makes it even better.
Keep up with up to 4 time zones with just one watch and enjoy the ability to set 5 independent alarms with a flash buzzer to ensure you never miss it.
This watch is also super durable as it is shock-resistant, so you don’t need to worry about damaging it.
- Waking up will be easy as this watch has five independent alarms with a flash alert buzzer.
- Stopwatch will show elapsed times, split times, and even 1st or 2nd place times.
- Includes an auto-calendar that is programmed until 2099.
- Large display area ensures you can see everything perfectly.
- Can be hard to see the time in daylight as the display is dim.
- Backlight only turns on for 3 seconds.
9. Adidas Archive_M1. Digital Watch for Men
- 5-link stainless steel strap.
- Hardened mineral crystal display.
- Features a stopwatch and calendar.
- Fold-over jewelry clasp closure.
This Adidas watch is a great throwback as classic timepieces from the 70s inspire it. It features a large square face to display the time and date. It is covered with a hardened mineral crystal to protect the display.
A stunning 5-link strap with a fold-over jewelry clasp ties the design together.
As this watch was made as an antidote to today’s gadget-fueled age, it does not have as many features as other digital watches.
That being said, it’s got a great stopwatch and backlight to ensure you can see the display at any time of day.
This watch is splash resistant, not water-resistant, so don’t try to go swimming with it. As it has no alarm and few timekeeping features, it’s more of a fashion statement than a practical everyday watch.
- Perfect for retro watch lovers as designs from the 70s inspire this watch.
- Comes with a presentation box if you want to use this watch as a collector’s item.
- Features the iconic Adidas branding.
- Splash resistant up to 50 metres.
- This watch has no alarm.
- It cannot be submerged in water.
Digital Watch for Men Buying Guide
Every digital watch is unique with different features, but here are some of the features most digital watches will include.
One of the benefits of digital watches over analog watches is that you can use most digital watches as a stopwatch.
You typically just need to press a button and the digital screen will become a stopwatch to keep track of whatever you need.
Another great feature digital watches have is an alarm.
You can usually set a daily alarm or other alarms throughout the day to help you wake up or remember something.
Depending on the watch, you can even customize the alarm sound.
As many people use digital watches daily or when doing intense activities such as working out, they need to be durable.
Most digital watches are thus shock resistant to withstand minor damage from falling or hitting surfaces throughout the day.
Similarly, many digital watches are also scratch resistant.
Watchmakers will use scratch-resistant materials such as titanium or ceramic to build the watch so it stays in mint condition for ages.
Our hands and wrists are constantly exposed to water from washing our hands, the rain, or even sweat when working out.
Companies don’t want that to ruin your watch, so most digital watches are water resistant to a certain degree, usually from 50 to 100 metres.
Style & Design
Many people are hesitant to purchase a digital watch over an analog watch because they aren’t seen as classy or stylish.
With big watchmakers like Timex and Casio making digital watches, you can find plenty of sleek, fancy ones.
A digital watch can also be dressed up or down so you are free to wear one in a professional or sports setting.
Either way, you’ll look great!
As most digital watches, whether they are stainless steel, resin, or silicon, use a lithium battery, battery life is great.
You should only need to change your battery once every few years. Some are even solar powered so they will be charged whenever you wear them in the sun.
If you are interested in solar watches, make sure you read our guide where we featured the best solar watches on the market.
Just as analog watches come in many different materials, so do digital watches.
Stainless steel tends to be a popular material as it creates a sleek, professional design.
Plyable materials such as resin or silicon are also popular, especially for sport watches. You can even find digital watches with a classic leather band to make them more professional.
A great benefit of choosing digital watches over analog watches is that they are more affordable.
You can grab a great digital watch for less than $20, even with all the amazing features we discussed earlier.
So, if you’re looking for a cheap watch to wear when working out or playing sports, a digital watch is the way to go.
As much as we love a fancy analog watch, digital watches are the best choice for everyday wear.
Digital watches can also be just as stylish, especially retro style ones such as the Adidas 70’s style watch.
Digital watches also come with a ton of features, from stopwatches to alarms to timers and calendars.
Most digital watches are water-resistant as well, so you can wear them while you work out, swim, or get stuck in the rain.
No more forgetting the date either, as digital watches tend to feature the date on their main display.
You can also choose from standard or military time to quickly check your wrist and see what time it is.
Overall, you can’t go wrong with one of these great digital watches for yourself or as a gift for any man in your life!